I stumbled upon this video a long time ago and it honestly made me feel a lot better.
"If you’ve never failed, you’ve never lived."
I could not fit everyone mentioned in the video in this post so be sure to give the video a look.
As someone who fails regularly, I find such comfort in this!
I like this a lot. My college creative writing teacher refused to read the revisions I had done on my stories because he said he knew I was a B student and that wasn’t going to change.
Stephen King’s college writing teacher didn’t think he was very good. My college writing class thought my writing was “babyish” and “stupid fairy tales.” The original teacher didn’t care for me, but she developed medical problems and was replaced by David Bradley, Jr., who made it plain he believed I had what it took. I don’t do writing classes or groups anymore, but I’m still in touch with Bradley, one of the finest writers I’ve ever read.
It has come to my attention that there are fully legal adults who are not familiar with this, who do not know what to do when they hear it, and indeed, were born after it came out.
This is unacceptable.
It is irrevocably tattooed into the brain of anyone vaguely associated with Western culture who was old enough to form cognizant memories in the mid 90s. And yes, we can all do the dance. I guarantee you Dean Winchester can do the dance. Bobby can do the dance. Sherlock can do the dance. Tony Stark has made sure all his robots can do the dance.
And all of you over the age of 25 already know what it is before you press play.
I was hoping it wasn’t this.
I PRESSED PLAY AND MY BODY JUST STARTED DOING THE DANCE FROM SHEER MUSCLE MEMORY
I PLAYED 4 SECONDS OF THIS AND MY LITTLE SISTER STOPPED WHAT SHE WAS DOING AND STARTED DANCING, AS DID MY MOTHER THIS IS SOME VOODOO SHIT
I knew it would be this song. XD
I can’t believe I was right…
Anonymous asked: You suggest a timeline a lot but how would one actually look like?
You can do timelines several ways. One is to actually draw out a line and plot dates on it.
You can make them online at sites like this one or in a program like Liquid Story Binder.
Liquid Story Binder does a table timeline, but if you don’t have the program you can do one in your word processor. It might look something like this:
Timelines can be as simple or as complicated as you want them to be, especially if you do a table timeline which allows you to break the information up into categories as above.
You can also manage multiple characters or multiple plot lines by stacking timelines:
You can even do a timeline in outline form if you want. It might look something like this:
I. Act One
- January 3 - Marcia arrives
- January 5 - Ted steals car
- February 8 - Marcia and Ted elope
II. Act Two
- February 17 - Fire at cabin
- February 18 - On the run
- February 19 - Marcia shot in leg
- February 20 - Ted and Marcia escape to Mexico
III. Act Three
- February 24 - Ted arrested
- February 25 - Marcia sees Ted
- February 28 - Marcia arrives in U.S.
- April 7 - Marcia leaves for Ontario
In truth, there’s no right or wrong way to do a timeline. You can do it in any format, any style, in any medium you want. Some other ideas to try:
- buy a composition notebook and draw a horizontal line across the middle of each page (in the same place) to create a horizontal timeline you can flip through
- use index cards to plot each date/event, then keep them together in an index card box or tacked onto a bulletin board. You can also tack a long string against the wall and clip the index cards to the string using clothespins.
- buy a piece of poster board and do a giant timeline and hang it up for easy reference
- buy a composition notebook or pocket notebook and use each page to plot a date and event
- buy a scrapbook with blank pages, use each page to plot a date and scene or event, and include any relevant scene notes, inspirational pictures, song lyrics, etc.
THIS IS LITERALLY THE MOST HEARTBREAKING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN OH MY GOD I HAVE ACTUAL TEARS IN MY EYES.
Winter sore throat “tea”- In a jar combine lemon slices, organic honey and sliced ginger. Close jar and put it in the fridge, it will form into a “jelly”. To serve- spoon jelly into mug and pour boiling water over it. Store in fridge 2-3 months.
Reblogging this in case any of you little jelly beans get sick (◡‿◡✿)
Super useful for this coming winter!
And then the magical traveling circus of scholastic would randomly show up
at the motherfucking BOOK FAIR
I seriously miss the book fair.
Wait, you mean these don’t exist anymore?
We even had them in Pakistan and they were a big hit.
Oh the good old days
ok but i didn’t know the true story behind this until just now
GUYS THIS LADY’S HUSBAND TOOK CREDIT FOR HER ARTWORK AND SHE STRAIGHT UP TOOK HIM TO COURT OVER IT
THEY HAD A FUCKING PAINT-OFF IN THE GODDAMN COURT ROOM WHICH SHE WON BECAUSE HE MADE EXCUSES FOR WHY HE COULDN’T DO IT
THE POWERPUFF GIRLS ARE INSPIRED BY THIS WOMAN’S ARTWORK
sorry i’m just really REALLY fascinated by this story
wait this movie looks amazing tho
I kind of wanna see this movie
Help me prove a point
I have never reblogged anything faster.
Unfortunate for the books, but speaks loads about the quality of some fan fics
You have no idea how many
HELL YES I HAVE <3